Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Mani-c Monday


Who has a case of The Mondays? This girl. When a rock cracks your windshield on the highway, a stone falls out of your ring (it was a costume ring, so not as bad as it could have been) and you realize you forgot to email an important paper to yourself all BEFORE you arrive at work? Not a good start. Weirdly, the thing that cheered me up today was the manicure I splurged on Friday evening. I say splurge because I generally try to save money by doing my own nails. However,they were in seriously woeful shape so I put myself in the hands (see what I did there?) of a professional. BIG difference! I walked in with the hands of a 14-year old boy and left with a pair of hands that actually appear to belong to the grown, professional woman that I am. While this may not seem like a big deal to many, it's amazing how much higher you hold your head on days when you know you look pulled together. So, while it's important to try to stick to one's budget, a treat every now and then can be considered a necessity. You just never know when that little extra boost will come in handy (ok, I'm done, I swear) on a day where anything going right can be considered a victory : )

No comments:

Post a Comment